Lead: Dr Neil Irvine, Consultant in Communicable Disease Control, Public Health Agency
Work stream aim:
To prevent people becoming infected with Hepatitis B & C through education and raising awareness, and to encourage early detection of those who have become infected.
- To identify tools/materials currently available for education and training with regard to hepatitis B and C infection;
- To identify potential gaps in education/training resources currently available for use in NI and to address these as appropriate;
- To agree appropriate models for delivery of education and training to specific populations/groups in NI;
- To identify resources (human, financial, material) required to deliver agreed education and training programmes;
- To implement agreed education and training programmes for specific populations/groups;
- To monitor and evaluate education and training programmes delivered.